Re: [xsl] Any samples of client-side XSLT to generate webpages?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Any samples of client-side XSLT to generate webpages?
From: Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:48:08 +0300
You may be interested in sarissa as a XSLT etc API that works on both browsers.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sarissa

hth,

Manos

Daniel Joshua wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for samples (hopefully as part of a web site) of web pages that use XSLT in a browser to generate the HTML
that is displayed.

Best would be pages that have forms. As I am encountering a problem
trying to submit a form in Mozilla using 'document.myForm.submit()'.
When I did a alert() to see the value of 'document' it returned
'XMLDocument' and 'document.forms' returned 'undefined'.

Currently, it works in IE using client-side transformation (ContentType: "text/xml") and in Mozilla using server-side transformation (ContentType: "text/html").

Also, I noticed in Mozilla's DOM Inspector that my '#document' had
two 'html' child nodes, the first was blank and the second had the
'head' and 'body' nodes and the namespace 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'.
Any idea for this extra 'html' node?

I really would like to examine how other people do XSLT in browsers,
thus the reason I am looking for samples. Or should I do all my transformation on the server-side?

By the way, I am using Mozilla 1.8a2 and IE 6.0.

Regards, Daniel