[xsl] EXSLT extension function

Subject: [xsl] EXSLT extension function
From: Chris Loschen <closchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:24:03 -0400
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to pull in the system time (I'll want the date as well, but one thing at a time...)
to my XSLT stylesheet. It looked like the EXSLT functions had just what I need, and
they're supposedly supported by my XSLT processor (Xalan-J 2.6). But I'm getting this
error:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: ElemTemplateElement error: date:hour-in-day

I might have the namespace wrong or perhaps I'm not calling the extension function
correctly? I've done a Google search without finding anything. Anybody have any
ideas? Thanks!

Here is a fragment of the stylesheet (I know it's not well-formed -- I'm just copying the relevant section):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        xmlns:date="http://exslt.org/dates-and-times";
        extension-element-prefixes="date">

<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes" />

<xsl:template match="BillHeader">
        <xsl:variable name="time">
                <xsl:variable name="hours">
                        <xsl:call-template name="date:hour-in-day"/>
                </xsl:variable>
                <xsl:variable name="minutes">
                        <xsl:call-template name="date:minute-in-hour"/>
                </xsl:variable>
                <xsl:value-of select="concat($hours,$minutes)"/>
        </xsl:variable>

etc.

Yours,

Chris Loschen