Re: [xsl] Preserve HTML formatting when apply-templates in variabl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserve HTML formatting when apply-templates in variabl
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:22 +0100
  The reason I did not include the last template is because I was testing the
  result of the template match "review" by writing out my variable like this:

  <xsl:value-of select="$ui_review" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

bad idea:

Using value-of always produces the _string_value_ and as its a string it
never produces any markup in the result, XSLT coerces element nodes to a
string by forgetting the elements and just taking the character data.

You want copy-of not value-of

secondly it's always a bad idea to use disable-output-escaping. Unless
you are in very special circumstances (such as not producing XML at all)
Then it's almost always a sign of an error in the design somewhere.