Re: [xsl] FO: padding within list problem (really FOP)

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO: padding within list problem (really FOP)
From: Ralph Holz <ralph.holz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:51:04 +0200
Hi,

Padding (and most other block properties) isn't properly implemented
except for blocks.

So it says in the FOP compliance document. Just to clarify, when they say "blocks" they do mean the XSL definition of a block as an area, and not the <fo:block> element? I've been wondering about that a couple of times because padding doesn't work for all block-level elements.

They are meant to ascertain a certain distance between the list items. (is that the way to do it?)

Using padding for this is ... not the way padding was intended to be used.

I think you're right there - though it does achieve the desired effect. But since the code is later to be maintained by novice users using graphical tools, I think I will consider switching over to space-after.

Try space-after. Use nested blocks if really necessary.

FOP compliance table says that implementation of space-after is only partial - only space-after.optimum supported. Hm.

Anyway, using space-after doesn't solve the problem of later list items "moving up". I think I'll use your white-on-white solution - which works fine, BTW, thanks!

Ralph