Re: [xsl] [xpath] namespace prefix & attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] [xpath] namespace prefix & attributes
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:26:35 -0400
At 2004-08-11 23:10 +0000, thomas smith wrote:
I have a question concerning XPath and the use of namespace prefix to target attributes.

Consider the following XML excerpt:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<object xmlns="urn:foo:ob" xmlns:it="urn:foo:it" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<item param="value1" it:param="value2"/>
</object>

How can I target the param attribute (of the urn:foo:ob NS)

There is no param attribute in the urn:fo:ob namespace in your example ... "Namespaces in XML" states that unprefixed attributes are always in no namespace, and not in the default namespace.

Your question is an XML question, not an XSLT question.

As far as I know, XPath 1.0 does not support namespace prefixes to address attribute nodes.

Using namespace prefixes is the only way to address attribute nodes that are in a namespace.

I hope this helps.

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc