Re: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?) (was re: regexs,

Subject: Re: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?) (was re: regexs,
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:50:23 -0400
On Aug 14, 2004, at 11:30 AM, Wendell Piez wrote:

Because you have a single template in phase-1 it is less of an issue here.

Ah, but things get more complicated, because the mods data needs to be processed one way for the citations (coded in the docbook namespace), and another way for the bibliography proper (which is in the mods namespace).

It's also a good time to think about names. Maybe change "phase-1" to "enhance-year" or some such and make phase-2 the default mode -- depending on where you think this stylesheet will go (if anywhere). It's really a maintenance question, I think.

Yeah, what I did was to change "phase-1" to "raw-biblist" and "phase-2" to "processed-biblist." I then created a "bibliography" mode and a "citation" mode.

The former works fine, but the latter not (I can't access my newly create year and suffix elements). Yet another case of spending hours in utter confusion ;-)

I'll try your suggestion of having phase-2 mode default; that may work better (I hope!). Then from within the db:citation template I guess I'd call the mods;mods template in the "citation" mode, and in the mods:modsCollection element I'd call it in "bibliography" mode.

I'll worry about the namespace problem later.

Bruce