Re: [xsl] modes and temp trees (was Re: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?))

Subject: Re: [xsl] modes and temp trees (was Re: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?))
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:15:02 +0100
Because I needed to modify the document in the intermediate stage, and
thus could not just rely on copy-of, I had templates like:

<xsl:template match="db:article" mode="processed-bibrefs">
   <article xmlns="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng";>
     <xsl:copy>
       <xsl:apply-templates mode="processed-bibrefs"/>
     </xsl:copy>
   </article>
</xsl:template>

Why do you have   <article  and <xsl:copy (and similar in all your other
similar templates) this is doubling the size of the tree for no obvious
gain, converting

<article>
</article>

into

<article>
<article>
</article>
</article>

Don't you just want one of <article and <xsl:copy ??

David

http://www.star.net.uk