[xsl] Speed: xsl with xml vs. html and the world

Subject: [xsl] Speed: xsl with xml vs. html and the world
From: IceT <icetbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:52:51 -0300
My lastest messages in this list has remembered me of this question. I belive it may have already be discussed here, but could someone please explain to me a little bit of the state of the art of the creation of webpages?

I mean, specially regarding xml and xsl. Which is better (speedwise at least): to publish an xml file to be rendered with an xsl or to preprocess it and generate an html file to be used? I believe html is faster, although not dynamic. But there is many ways to add dynamic code to html. So wich is the way to go? Is the answer related to the size of the page?

Also, if I were to preprocess my xml + xsl files, I could use as well xslt 2.0, because I wouldn't need to worry about incompabilities.

thanks