Re: [xsl] Howto generate a list xpath queries that are used within a template?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Howto generate a list xpath queries that are used within a template?
From: "cking" <cking@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:40:43 +0200
Hello Joren

I see what you mean, but I'm afraid I won't be able to help much:
maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, this won't be possible in XSLT.

1. checking if an attribute value is an XPath query or not? Suppose you
have an attribute value "bla", is that an XPath query? As a matter
of fact it is, or it could be (match an element named "bla").
(I know you know this already, but I'm only contemplating the problem
in case someone else would have a better idea)
The closest you can get (I think) is what you have so far: presuming
that select and test attributes hold an XPath expression, and others
don't. After all, if you have select="bla" it must be XPath, and if you
have mode="bla" you can be pretty sure it's only a name. As you said,
it's allowed to use XPath with other attributes, but the only examples
of this I can think of are 'use' in xsl:key, and 'count', 'value' and 'from'
in xsl:number. So, you could add these to your test.

2. generating unique IDs for linking <xsl:apply-templates> with their
corresponding <xsl:template> is something I wanted to add to my own
xdoc stylesheet, too, but I never found a working solution for that.
As you pointed out, the 'select' attribute of apply-templates doesn't
always literally match the template's 'match' attribute, so you can't
build a link string by just using their values.

Best regards
Anton Triest