Re: [xsl] How to make a request to a same file to generate different content

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to make a request to a same file to generate different content
From: IceT <icetbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:09:37 -0300
So I may have to use Cocoon for this, but I could certainly do it with some server-side scripting (such as JSP) right ?

Is this a limitation of XSLT or it isn't meant to do this anyway? I could for instance, create "empty" (with a root tag and a stylesheet attached) files named members_new.xml and members_old.xml, and than make the link point to this file. This is how I picture I could to this:

<xsl:variable name="current" select="/"/>
   <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="current/* = 'members'>
       </xsl:when>
       <xsl:when test="current/* = 'members_new'">
       </xsl:when>
       <xsl:when test="current/* = 'members_old'">
       </xsl:when>
   </xsl:choose>

Is this possible? Is there a better xml/xsl to do this?

Thanks

Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I have a menu bar with a few links. When I click on one of them, a xml file is called with its own stylesheet. Then appears a submenu relative to that menu item. When one os those subMenuItens are clicked, the same xml file is used to generate a different output:

College members (url = members.xml)
     old members (url = members.xml)
     new members (url = members.xml)
College buildings (url = buildings .xml)

How can I do this? Using Cocoon I can create an elaborated request and then use it to select a suitable pipeline:

College members (url = members.xml)
     old members (url = members.xml:old)
     new members (url = members.xml:new)
College buildings (url = buildings .xml)

How would I accomplish this using only xml/xsl ?

You don't with XSLT. Consult Cocoon users-list.

Cheers,

Jarno - Madam Zu: September 2002 Mix