Re: [xsl] XSL/XSLT Cross-Browser projects?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL/XSLT Cross-Browser projects?
From: Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:18:58 +0300
AFAIK XSLT support exists only in IE using MSXML 3.0+ and Gecko-based browsers. IE for the Mac does not (again, AFAIK) support XSLT since MSXML is not applicable for that platform (due to it's activeX based nature). Lately I have been investigating Konqueror/Safari's XML support and I'm very happy to say that sarissa[1] will also support the KHTML engine in the next (or right after that) release. No XSLT support there though :-(

So, MSXML3.0+(IE) and Transformiix(Moz) are the only applicable browsers out there. Being wrong would be a pleasure!

[1] http://sarissa.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,

Manos

J-P S wrote:

Opera, I think, treats XML as HTML, or at any rate transforms as if the
stylesheet wasn't there: it strips the tags and returns the concatenated
text nodes in Times New Roman. There is also anecdotally buggy support for
XSL in some version of Macintosh IE6+ that I've yet to see repeated.