Re: [xsl] Encoding of strings in stylesheet parameters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Encoding of strings in stylesheet parameters
From: Josh Canfield <joshcanfield@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:13:52 -0700
This is more appropriate for the Xalan mailing list, as it really has
nothing to do with XSL.

But....
In Java (and likely the C version, I just haven't used it) the
encoding of the file is only needed to parse the file. The String data
will be stored in memory as UTF-16. If you are passing parameters
using the Java API then your strings too will be UTF-16, unless you
are going to pass an array of bytes that represents the text in some
other encoding.

If that doesn't help then please take the question to the Xalan
mailing list that can be found at:
http://xml.apache.org/mail.html#xalan-j-users

Josh