Re: [xsl] RTF variables, node-set and namespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] RTF variables, node-set and namespaces
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:17:47 +0100
PS

> That does give the expected output. But it puzzles me because I would think
> esp. the <ul> element *should* be in xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";

yes it should, but your word element shouldn't.

> It also puzzles me that apparently, [self::word] is not the same as [name()='word']

that's a faq, the version using name tests the string value returned by
the name() function (which in principle at least might contain arbitrary
machine generated prefixes, and usually uses no prefix at all if there
is no prefix in the source, inwhich case all namespace information is
lost) self::foo which is the preferred form, is a normal Xpath axis so
is fully namespace aware, and in the case of self::word selects word
elements in no-namespace (as unprefixed names in Xpath always refer to
no-namespace)

David

http://www.star.net.uk