Re: [xsl] Xalan pronunciation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan pronunciation
From: "Mark Williams" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:46:33 +0100
XANADU (and most words beginning with XA) are pronounced ZAH (rhymes with
Car) rather than Zay (rhymes with hay).

However, I for no particular reason had always assumed XALAN was pronounced
Zaylan rather than Zahlan just because the softer pronounciation sounds
better when it is proceeded with an L.  However, there is no word Xalan in
the English language (as far as I am aware) and I would have thought
pronounciation was therefore up for grabs

Regards,

Mark