Re: AW: [xsl] Attention: list management

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] Attention: list management
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:26:38 -0400
At 6:18 PM +0200 9/9/04, Dominic Kr|ger wrote:
The line i wrote was this: I am using a "-" in order to "space the letters"

#-#-#-H-e-r-e ... the xslt is supposed to write in somedata

OK, I have an answer. The list administrator tells me:
##-L (without the -) and ##-H (without the -) get replaced by the
subscriber's mailbox name and domain
name, respectively.  This is used for a variety of list management
functions involving precise identification of the subscriber email,
such as unsubscribe instructions and bounce processing.

The format of the variable was selected to be unlikely to occur in
the wild, and this is the first time it's been invoked inadvertently.
The only workaround is to avoid that combination.  Simply adding a
space after the # would suffice.

So, there are two strings to avoid in postings to XSL-List: ## followed by L, and ## followed by H.

Since I have to agree that these character combinations don't come
up very often I am not worried about this.

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx