Re: [xsl] xhtml output formating problems / passing through pre defined static xhtml

Subject: Re: [xsl] xhtml output formating problems / passing through pre defined static xhtml
From: "cking" <cking@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:46:22 +0200
Hi Dominic,

Your xml input:
http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/full_sigml.xml

begins like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<artikel>
   <paragraph>
      <spoken>Hamburg f|r Gehvrlose</spoken>
      <sigml>

The file is definitely not UTF-8 encoded.
('|' in f|r is presented with one byte xFC)
I guess the actual encoding is "iso-8859-1".

If you open the file directly in IE6, it won't even display,
but apparently your XSLT processor doesn't complain
and generates something (however not totally correct,
as it seems)

I think, if you want your problems solved, first thing is
to fix your input file and see what happens then? Try:

Probably, some similar issues remain in your xslt file
as well (already reported by a number of list members):
xsl:output, xmlns, HTML doctype, etc

HTH,
Anton Triest