Re: [xsl] apply-template doesn't hit template

Subject: Re: [xsl] apply-template doesn't hit template
From: Frans Englich <frans.englich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:47:42 +0000
On Monday 13 September 2004 14:31, David Carlisle wrote:
> > It of course worked just fine. For a day or two I've been trying all
> > different kinds of XPaths, I thought I've lost my mind.. These kind of
> > bugs are not technically hard to solve, but they simply needs another
> > pair of eyes.
>
> But it shouldn't have needed eyes at all, any reasonable xslt system
> ought to have reported
> error on line .... illegal select attribute on xsl:template
> or some such error and stopped and produced no output.
>
> Did your system silently accept that and then produce bad output?

Yupp. I guess I should file a bug report on xsltproc:

bash-2.05b$ xsltproc  --version
Using libxml 20511, libxslt 10033 and libexslt 722
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20511, libxslt 10033 and libexslt 722
libxslt 10033 was compiled against libxml 20511
libexslt 722 was compiled against libxml 20511
bash-2.05b$

Cheers,

		Frans