Re: [xsl] Running unix commands (remotely on a server) from a windows webbrowser.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Running unix commands (remotely on a server) from a windows webbrowser.
From: Hemanth Singamsetty <hemanth.singamsetty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:37:41 -0700
Hello Josh,

Thanks for your reply. I'm generating the HTML files using XSL.
Currently, I'm storing "all" the images (snapshots of a graphic
display) in the same directory that contains the HTML files. (For
example, my HTML page has X, Y, and Z as links. When I click on the X
it opens the X.jpeg in the webbrowser and I already have the X, Y, Z
jpeg files stored). But I want to generate a image and display it in
the browser only when a user clicks on the link (say X here).

What I do not know is how to write code to establish a connection to
the unix machine and invoke the program to generate the image and
display it back on the web browser. Hope my problem is clear. Thanks.

Hemanth