Re: [xsl] How to simplify this?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to simplify this?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:19:50 +0100
> In the HTML-output I need a javascript function with ' mark.
if you are using " to surround the xml attributes then you can just use
' to put a ' into an attribute value.

> Is there a better way to do this?
you don't need to use variables unless you want to.

In your case it looks like you want to do something like

 onclick="setArrow({position()-1}),'{$thead_id}',;
  return sortTable('{$body_id}',{position()-1}) "

> style="visibility:hidden;"><xsl:text
> disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;nbsp;&amp;uarr;</xsl:text></span>

Ouch you almost never want to use disable-output-escaping like that,
just use
<xsl:text>&#160;&8593;</xsl:text>

David

http://www.star.net.uk