Re: [xsl] Reading the values of elements in a complex parameter

Subject: Re: [xsl] Reading the values of elements in a complex parameter
From: David Adams <dpadams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:00:19 +1000
> You're right that passing in a string won't do any good at all.
Thanks for the confirmation, I think this is what's been stuffing up
my experiments so far.

> I doubt that you are right in saying you don't have a way of passing in a
> node-set reference: but that depends on the constraints imposed by your
> project, so I'm not qualified to comment.
I'm using a product that embeds Xalan C++ and only have access to a
subset of Xalan C++'s features. So, no extensions, xsl:script,
evaluate, or supported method for passing in node sets as parameters.
(I can only pass in numbers and strings.) I've written in to the
developers with a few feature requests, to be sure. I do have acess to
xsl:import and similar, but am not sure if that would help. Is there a
way I could use an external document to supply my dynamic XML? Such
as:

-- Write the dynamic XML to a known document path.
-- Include the path in the XSL.
-- Call Xalan.
-- Xalan imports, parses and uses the tree.

Is this a normal and appropriate use of xsl:include?