Re: [xsl] Overrid items that are included

Subject: Re: [xsl] Overrid items that are included
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:40:34 +0100
----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl J. Stubsjoen" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 7:11 PM
Subject: [xsl] Overrid items that are included

Hello,

If I have a base template that I import into the current working template,
if that base template file *includes* other templates, can those included
templates be overridden just as if they were originally part of the base
template file?

Let me illustrate:

incl_template_a.xsl
incl_template_b.xsl

BASE_TEMPLATE.xsl
 INCLUDES-->  incl_template_a.xsl
 INCLUDES-->  incl_template_a.xsl

WORKING_TEMPLATE.xsl
 IMPORTS--> BASE_TEMPLATE.xsl

The question: Is it possible to override template rules in incl_template_a
& _b within WORKING_TEMPLATE.xsl?

Karl

I may well be wrong but if you include files and then override a template, by writing a new one with the same match and mode then the processor can either use the latter one or error so it's not a reliable method. If you xsl:import then the base stylesheet module has priority so you can now write override templates in a similar fashion to your post.

--

Joe