Re: [xsl] limit number of row return by xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] limit number of row return by xslt
From: Anton Triest <anton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:41:55 +0200
Hi Tham,

The stylesheet I posted will not work with a <?xml-stylesheet instruction
(by the way, the correct syntax is "xml-stylesheet", not "xml:stylesheet",
although IE doesn't seem to care about that)

The reason why it won't work for client-side transformations is that it uses
xsl:document to generate multiple output documents. That cannot be done
by a browser; you need a processor to do this, I used Saxon, the open-source
XSLT processor by Michael Kay. You can find it here:
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.3/index.html (info)
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/saxon/saxon6_5_3.zip (download)

running "saxon input.xml wmsrpt.xslt" would produce the output html files.

HTH,
Anton

Tham Tinh wrote:

I am sorry that I am lost in your codes.  My question
is how can I make your xslt code work with my sample
xml data which I posted in the email.

What I have tried your code was that I put the
following line into xml file
<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="wmsrpt.xslt"?>
and open the xml file in IE and it gave me error.
"The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please
correct the error and then click the Refresh button,
or try again later.

System does not support the specified encoding. "

I guess that I don't have a special tool which you
called Saxon.

Thanks

=====
"It is essential to know that to be a happy person, a happy family, a happy society, it is very crucial to have a good heart, that is very crucial,"
Dalai Lama