Re: [xsl] links don't work when IE transforms XSL document

Subject: Re: [xsl] links don't work when IE transforms XSL document
From: Anton Triest <anton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:48:17 +0200
Thanks, Tom and Pieter!

Tom:
> I tried a lot of combinations of extensions, and when both the stylesheet
> and the test file had a ".xml" extension, it worked as desired.
> This is the only combination that did.

Pieter:
> Just adding a comment - I just tried to load the files as .xml
> pointing to a local .xsl, and there it just works fine.

Here, I have the same result as Pieter: xml input + xsl stylesheet works fine.
Only the input file type seems to have influence.

Pieter:
> This time I tried it on an instance of W2K3 Server and IE6 SP1.
> The problem you are experiencing were on W2K Pro SP4 (like me)?

No, a bit older: Win98. But also IE6 SP1.

The workarounds Tom suggested are all valid, but for xdoc they don't help;
if only I could change something in the registry (?) to make IE treat .xsl files
like .xml but I don't think that's possible

I want to file a bug report but I'm not sure where to go.
I posted a message on the "Microsoft Product Feedback" page
(http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp)
but if anyone knows a better address please let me know

Anton

testcase:
http://users.telenet.be/cking/webstuff/test/anchors