RE: [xsl] Multi-level grouping across multiple input files question.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Multi-level grouping across multiple input files question.
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:28:44 +0300
Hi,

> First of all I want to know if this can be done.
>
> below is a sample of over 3000 claim nodes in each of 6
> documents.  Thats
> over 18000 nodes to process.
>
> The six docs are april.xml, may.xml...up to sep.xml.
>
> I want to group by <vendorname>, then by the month of
> <actual>, then by
> <loadnum>.
>
> Is this possible using the document() function???

Well, it's possible but a lot more difficult than if you had a single source
tree. I suggest you go for the two stage transformation, first combining the
documents and then grouping them, or you can combine them first into a RTF
that you then convert into a node-set using an extension function.

Cheers,

Jarno - Front Line Assembly: Evil Playground (Tim Schuldt remix)