Re: [xsl] Convert string from param to a nodeset in 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Convert string from param to a nodeset in 2.0
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:57:32 +0100
> I believe I need to specify type string on the parameter that receives
> the string, and then perform another operation on that.  I'm sure I'm
> missing something obvious here...

The operation of making a node set out of a string is that of an XML
parser. This isn't a standard XSLT2 feature, however "all" existing
XSLT2 engines offer an extension function that provides an XML parser at
run time.

For "the rest", if they support (or can be made to support by supplying a
suitable entity resolver) the data: uri scheme you can use

ie

select="document(concat('data:text/xml,',$param))"

David

http://www.star.net.uk