Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:15:39 -0400
On Oct 24, 2004, at 6:03 AM, Jeni Tennison wrote:

The trouble is that XSLT allows regions of a stylesheet to belong to
different versions. In XSLT 1.0, you can put an xsl:version attribute
on any literal result element to indicate the version of XSLT used in
the content of that element. In XSLT 2.0, any XSLT element can have a
version attribute, and any other element can have a xsl:version
attribute that does the same thing.

I've been sort of wondering about splitting the stylesheets in my project between those that use 2.0-only features, and those that are 1.0-compliant. I didn't even know I could mix-and-match stylesheet versions.

My thinking is that allows implementers who insist on using 1.0-based processors to pre-process the content (what I am doing now with 2.0 features) in their language of choice, but then still use the rest of the code (which is most of it really).

Any general suggestions on this?

Bruce