Re: [xsl] Works with jdk1.3.0_02 but not jdk 1.4.2_06

Subject: Re: [xsl] Works with jdk1.3.0_02 but not jdk 1.4.2_06
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:26:37 +0200
Michael Murphy wrote:
I have successfully run the following from Apache ant using jdk 1.3.0_02,
however, when I change to using jdk 1.4.2_06 it fails as follows.  Nothing
else was changed.  Anyone know why?

JDK 1.4 comes with its own XSLT processor (also Xalan), which overrides whatever you have in the user classpath. The 1.4.2_06 release is rather recent, I guess they removed the entity resolver option. You shouldn't fork a JVM for an XSL transformation anyway, use the style task instead. Look up details in the Ant docs.

J.Pietschmann