RE: [xsl] Collapsing run-on tag chains not working in saxon or xalan

Subject: RE: [xsl] Collapsing run-on tag chains not working in saxon or xalan
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:07:38 -0000
The processor API is outside the control of the XSLT specification. If
Microsoft want to define a method called transform() whose semantics are

1. parse the XML and build a DOM tree
2. strip spaces from the DOM tree
3. convert the DOM tree to an XPath OM tree
4. run an XSLT transformation on the XPath OM tree

then (regrettably) there is nothing you or I can do to stop them.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/