[xsl] Iterating over the nodes in a variable (Was: A question on optimization)

Subject: [xsl] Iterating over the nodes in a variable (Was: A question on optimization)
From: Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:17:29 +0100
Hi,

after some more thinking and researching, I found that my problem can possibly reduced to the following:

  - Create a node set and assign it to a variable; in my example,
    the node set would be attribute nodes
  - Create a loop, that iterates over the nodes in the variable and
    do something.

However, my question is how to do the second part? I thought of

<xsl:for-each select="$names">...</xsl:for-each>

But that doesn't seem to work somehow? (I created the node set with

  <xsl:variable name="names"
    select="//justus:part[@visible='true']/@dbfeld"/>

thus have hopefully covered the attribute nodes?

Regards,

Jochen

-- http://lilypie.com/baby1/050423/1/5/1/+1