RE: [xsl] inserting HTML comments

Subject: RE: [xsl] inserting HTML comments
From: "Joe Heidenreich" <HeidenreichJ@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:39:31 -0500
I've had similar problem with white spaces and my cheap work around is to not
have spaces in my template. So I'd make:

> <PRE>
>   <B>
>     <xsl:text>some text node </xsl:text>
>   </B>
>   <xsl:call-template name="insert-anchor">
>     <xsl:with-param name="anchor" select="someNode"/>
>   </xsl:call-template>
> </PRE>

into this:

<PRE><B><xsl:text>some text node </xsl:text></B>
<xsl:call-template name="insert-anchor"><xsl:with-param name="anchor"
select="someNode"/></xsl:call-template>
</PRE>

and depending on your select="someNode" statements you can use
select="normalize-space(someNode)"
to trim whitespace if need be.

There should be a better way to do this, so hopefully someone on the list will
know another way.

-joe