Re: [xsl] Collapsing run-on tag chains not working in saxon or xa lan

Subject: Re: [xsl] Collapsing run-on tag chains not working in saxon or xa lan
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:03:04 GMT
> with mxsl.exe is that it shows the output with spaces inserted after
> each

most likely not spaces but zero bytes, it outputs in utf16 by
default. so for ascii you get a zero byte between each non zero byte.

> OK, thanx Michael and David, let me see if we can fix that problem using
> msxsl.exe:

There is no problem getting msxsl to do the right thing, you just get
msxml parser to act in a conformant way by setting its
preservewhitespace property to true (I think the msxsl wrapper has a
command line switch for this) or it is just a line in the API, the main
thing it kills is the application that XML was designed for: serving XML
to be styled on the client browser. If you serve xml to IE and style it
via the xml-stylesheet PI then there is no API to ask for a conformant
parser, so you get a non conformant one and you lose word spaces.

David

http://www.star.net.uk