[xsl] Error when moving from Xalan to Saxon

Subject: [xsl] Error when moving from Xalan to Saxon
From: Bhupendra Singh <skbhupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:49:50 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,
I dont know if this is the correct forum to put the
quesiton, but maybe somebody can help me out.

I have a simple java class to transform a XML using a
XSL to a HTML. Here is the java code.

///////////////////
import java.io.*;

import javax.xml.transform.Transformer;
import
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerException;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource;

public class TransformerTest
{
	public static void main(String[] args)
    throws TransformerException,
TransformerConfigurationException,
           FileNotFoundException, IOException
  {
	String strXSLFile = "ToHTML.XSL";
	String xmlFileName = "MyXML.xml";

System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory","net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl");
	System.out.println("JRE HOME                  =
"+System.getProperty("java.home"));
	System.out.println("JRE VERSION               =
"+System.getProperty("java.version"));

	TransformerFactory tFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();

	Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(strXSLFile));

	System.out.println("TransformerFactory  class =
"+tFactory.getClass().getName());
	System.out.println("Transformer class         =
"+transformer.getClass().getName());

	transformer.transform(new StreamSource(xmlFileName),
new StreamResult(new FileOutputStream("tpc.out")));
  }
}
/////////////

I am running this java class in WSAD (IBM Websphere
Studio Aplication Developer). I have the saxon8.jar in
my classpath.
I get the gollowing error while running it.
/////////
JRE HOME                  = C:\Program
Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application
Developer\v5.1\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre
JRE VERSION               = 1.3.1

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
java/lang/AssertionError
	at
net.sf.saxon.functions.ExtensionFunctionFactory.class$(ExtensionFunctionFactory.java:16)
	at
net.sf.saxon.functions.ExtensionFunctionFactory.<init>(ExtensionFunctionFactory.java:16)
	at
net.sf.saxon.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:62)
	at
net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.<init>(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:48)
	at
javax.xml.transform.FactoryFinder.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.xml.transform.FactoryFinder.find(Unknown
Source)
	at
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at TransformerTest.main(TransformerTest.java:33)
Exception in thread "main"
/////////

Has any body come acrosss this error. Any pointers
will be highly appreciated.
regards,
Bhupendra.