Re: [xsl] Auto sizing of text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Auto sizing of text
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:12:51 +0100
Pawson, David wrote:
project. One of our requirements is to be able to fit text into a cell of a table. If the cell is not big enough to hold the text at the requested size, then I wish the size of the text to be reduced so that it will all fit into the cell. Is this possible with XSL/FO, if so where to I start?

Words of one syllable no. XSL-FO, as delivered, has no feedback from the laid out page back to the stylesheet.

Well, in some cases a font-size="$constant div inherited-property-value(width)" might do it, even for porportional fonts.

J.Pietschmann