RE: [xsl] question

Subject: RE: [xsl] question
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:44:48 +0200
Hi,

(I usually delete posts with a subject such as "a quesion" or "I'm stuck" without reading them. The list guidelines also instruct to you to use descriptive subject headers.)

>     I am pretty new to xml and xsl.
>
>     I have an xml file in the following format:
>     <ne_resp cmd="show port counters">
>         <line>Rx 64b< <128b  :           0 |TxSingleCollPkt:
> 0</line>
>     <ne_resp>
>
>     I want to ouput an xml by using XSLT.
>
>     And this is my desired output:
>     <ne_resp cmd="show port counters">
>          <row>
>              <col name="Rx 64b< <128b">0</col>
>              <col name="TxSingleCollPkt">0</col>
>          </row>
>     </ne_resp>
>
> Unfortunately, I got this error:
>     parser error : StartTag: invalid element name in
> analyzing the xml file
> due to '<' in "Rx 64b< <128b"
>
> How can I make the start tag '<', a literal character '<' so
> that I may able
> to acquire my desired output?

This is not an XSLT question, but rather an XML one. LESS-THAN SIGN is a delimiter character in XML and needs to be escaped in places when it's interpreted as a delimiter, like in your example. Use &lt; to escape it, or a character reference (can't remember the code point, I'm too old).

Cheers,

Jarno