Re: [xsl] Preserving space between elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserving space between elements
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:05:04 GMT
I rest my case:-)

Steven,

sorry if you just joined the list to ask my question but we have had a
long thread on this week with me explaining that losing spaces in IE
is a "feature" of an intentional non conformace of microsoft's parser...

You need to put xml:space="preserve" on teh top level element of your
source document otherwise msxml will "optimise" away your interword
spaces. They no this doesn't conform to the XML Rec, but they say it
optimises your DOM removing confusing white space nodes....

David

http://www.star.net.uk