Re: [xsl] XML/XSL free editor (eclipse plug-in, if possible)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML/XSL free editor (eclipse plug-in, if possible)
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:01:31 -0800
IceT wrote:

Does someone know a good AND free xml/xsl editor? It should have at least xsl code-assist, automatic xsl transformation, code highlight and means to call up any browser from within the program itself.

I am personally a HUGE fan of jEdit... coupled with Oxygen or Sonic Studio for debugging. jEdit does require a bit of configuration to get it to where you want and I wouldn't recommend it to a novice developer but for an experienced developer its tough to beat. Theres a huge community supporting jEdit with both general support as well as plugin development. You can learn all about it at http://www.jedit.org

Best of luck!

<M:D/>

I tried to install some eclipse plugins, but they're all for the 2.x version, and they didn't work with the 3.x eclipse version.

Currently, I'm using Butterfy XML editor, but it has a bug with firefox, so it can't call it.

thanks