Re: [xsl] document()

Subject: Re: [xsl] document()
From: "Gabriel K." <gabriel.klappenbach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:24:13 +0100
Hello Oleg.
I will try to summarize my problem once again.

-- General: ----------------------------------
First off, all the XML/XSL files can be found at
http://gabbah.no-ip.org/mickel/

The ASP-file: http://gabbah.no-ip.org/test.asp.txt . This asp script gets an XML file from a COM object, and transforms it using http://gabbah.no-ip.org/mickel/XSL/PC/pc-templates.xsl (which in turn includes all XSL files needed).

I'm using (normal) ASP with VBscript, MSXML3 on IIS5. WinXP pro SP2.

-- Specific: ----------------------------------
The problem only appears when I try to access a static XML file residing outside the folder where the function document() is used. It does not matter if the XML file resides in a subfolder or in a sibling folder, as long as it's in another folder it doesn't work.
The XSLs involved are http://gabbah.no-ip.org/mickel/XSL/PC/search.xsl and http://gabbah.no-ip.org/mickel/XSL/PC/shared_variables.xsl , which both use
select="document('../../XML/paths.xml').
So the static XML file I want to access is http://gabbah.no-ip.org/mickel/XML/paths.xml .

The error I get is that it can't find the specified path.

I have also tried using an absolute path (mickel/XML/paths.xml ) and a qualified URL like the one above.
I have tried backward slashes.
I have given all folders below wwwroot read permissions to user "everyone".

Hope I haven't forgotten anything :) /Gabriel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Oleg Tkachenko" <oleg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>