RE: [xsl] Conditional extraction of data

Subject: RE: [xsl] Conditional extraction of data
From: "Bradley, Peter" <PBradley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:21:58 -0000
Don't mention the T-word on XSL-list:-)

XSLT does not have access to the tags in your source document and can
not directly generate tags in the result. XSLT just works on trees of
nodes. An XML parser (may) be used to get an input tree from the tags in
a document and the result tree (may) be serialised to a text file as
text containing tags.

I stand corrected - and I take the point.  "Careless words cost lives" as we
used to say in a world I remember, but almost all of you won't.

:)

Cheers

Peter