Re: [xsl] build a select clause or dynamic URI's

Subject: Re: [xsl] build a select clause or dynamic URI's
From: Andy Dent <dent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:50:25 +0800
David M Petersen swiftly responded
this knowledge I have my doubts that its going to be all that helpful to you as it doesnt seem that you want to reference the actual stylesheet itself...

correct - I want to reference elsewhere in the current source document which is not apparently possible. (Not being able to refer to the document makes vague sense - I suspect it is possible for it to be an infoset not actually a physical document, not the same as referring to "other" documents.)

The only real chance you have of being able to do any sort of pseudo dynamic XPath expression is if, for example, there is only one ancestor gml:position for any given element.

there is in this case but I'm trying to solve some common patterns.

Oh well, enough ambition for the budget I have on this project, a generic solution to XSLT processing of schema-driven, ref-all-over-the-place documents will have to wait :-(

If this were the case you could use a recursive template to strip away the the dots and slashes ... and then simply use the ancestor axis

thanks, I'll try that. --

Andy Dent BSc  MACS   http://www.oofile.com.au/
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability