Re: [xsl] for i = 1 to 10, or while (is there an equivalent?)

Subject: Re: [xsl] for i = 1 to 10, or while (is there an equivalent?)
From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:46:02 -0500
Steven Reddie wrote:
Hi,
I'm probably going about this the wrong way, but I have a C string in a
variable that I want to escape the backslashes and double-quotes prior to
output. ie. foo\bar"xxx -> foo\\bar\"xxx
I figured I could use the XPath contain and substring functions to do what I
want, but I can't find a way to iterate until there are no more characters
of interest. Can this be done in XSL/XPath?

See http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/chapters/ch17.html#d0e31428
particularly example 17-5 for an example of how to do iterative like things in XSLT.

-- Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx XML in a Nutshell 3rd Edition Just Published! http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xian3/ http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0596007647/cafeaulaitA/ref=nosim