Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:24:15 -0800
Google for:
0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=0x80004001+%28NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED%29&btnG=Google+Search

And you will find all sorts of examples as to why other encounter this same error. Its a generic object error code that is obvious not specific just to Transformix (the Mozilla XSLT 1.0 processor). Let me ask you this.,.. is data_moz.html the file that contains this script or is the file you are attempting to process? The latter would definitely cause a problem, although I dont know the specific error it would return (unless its XHTML of course but even then it depends on how you declared your document type etc... remember, the XML parser is looking for <? as the first string it encounters... there are some parsers that wont mind as long as its well-formed... im not sure if the parser used by Transformix is strict on the opening characters of an XML document or not but if you are attempting to process an HTML file, be it XHTML or regular HTML there are all sorts of reasons that this will not work....

Look through the google links as well as this should at least give you a better understanding of where the error is coming from and why.

HTHs!

<M:D/>

Alan Divorty wrote:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIXSLTProcessor.importStylesheet]"  nsresult:
"0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)"  location: "JS frame ::
file:///g:/sjc/data_moz.html :: onload :: line 31"  data: no]
Source File: file:///g:/sjc/data_moz.html
Line: 31

Line 31 is the "processor.importStylesheet(dataXSL);" line.

I've tested my data.xml and data.xsl file in an IE script and they work
fine.

I've also upgraded from Firefox 0.8 to 1.0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan