RE: [xsl] doc() concat expression and whitespace error

Subject: RE: [xsl] doc() concat expression and whitespace error
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:57:47 -0000
> On Nov 15, 2004, at 10:38 PM, Michael Kay wrote:
>
> >> BTW, to be able to suck in XML data via the doc() function
> >> like this --  where I send a query to a database and get a result
> >> back for
> >> transformation -- is really useful.
> >
> > Yes. I'm engaged in another project where we are doing
> exactly the same
> > thing with Tamino.
>
> What has been your experience with performance?

Performance of a query against a database is going to depend very much on
the design of the database, the choice of indexes, and the nature of the
query. It's too broad a question, and getting a bit off-topic for this list.

For this particular application performance hasn't been a problem, but in
other circumstances of course it could be.

Michael Kay