Re: [xsl] xsl and toc.hhc (was xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220)

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl and toc.hhc (was xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220)
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:39:22 -0800
Michael Kay wrote:

Do you have a rough estimate for delivery of the 8.2 release?

Despite the fact that Saxon is now a commercial product with paying
customers, I'm trying to stick to those aspects of the open-source
development model that have proved particularly successful. One of those
principles is "release it when it feels ready to be released". If a have any
kind of guideline on timescales, it's that I think a release once every
three months or so is the thing to aim for.

This is definitely the one part of open source that I absolutely love! took me a while to get a grip of the concept of making no date commitments but you are definitely right (and I think a lesson can be learned by this for closed source projects) -- when its ready its ready... you can't rush art :)

Thanks for the insight Dr. Kay!