RE: [xsl] document() path relative to current document

Subject: RE: [xsl] document() path relative to current document
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:49:00 -0500
> From: "Robert Svsemann" [mailto:rsoese@xxxxxx]
> Hello Michael,
>
> I believe that you and David are right, BUT how can I make the value of an
> attribute @href a node-set?
>
> I have <a href="folder/foo.html"> and want to read data from that external
> file. I save the url to a variable by using <xsl:variable name="bar"
> select="@href"/>. So $bar is still just a string. When I provide this to
> the
> document function by document($bar,/) i suppose it will not magically
> become
> a nodeset.

One thing is that you have to figure out whether the files you want to access
can be found by a path relative to the source document or not.  If not, you
will need to supply absolute urls to the documents you want to transform.  In
that case, the need to adjust the base url will go away.

I suggest that you show us the actual source xml (simplified if possible,
though), and make it more clear the relationship between the href values and
the locations of the documents you want to load.  It may be that we are making
assumptions that are not the same as yours.

Tom P