Re: [xsl] widows and orphans for tables/rows

Subject: Re: [xsl] widows and orphans for tables/rows
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:12:16 +0100
Jenna Simmer wrote:
Hi. I'm new to xsl:fo and I would like to know if the
widows and orphans feature can be applied to tables (and rows). I
know it can be applied to paragraphs (I tested it already), but I can't get
it to work with tables.

Widows and orphans can only be used to control placement of lines in a block. They don't apply to whole table rows. If you want to avoid placing predictably small single table rows alone on a page, add keep-with-next="always" to the first row and/or keep-with previous="always" to the last row of the table.

J.Pietschmann