[xsl] An invitation to join me in my quest to be a better XSLT programmer...

Subject: [xsl] An invitation to join me in my quest to be a better XSLT programmer...
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:37:45 -0800
Hey All,

I wanted to send out a quick invitation to anyone and everyone interested in following along and participating in my adventure to better understand XSLT from the ground up. As I am sure a lot of you can attest its easy to let the little details in the features of a language get lost in the cracks along the way. From time to time it seems that a good way to re-discover these little details and fine tune your skill set is to start back at the beginning and work all the way through to the end, picking up the little pieces of lost understanding along the way. I know that in the past this has been an effective method for me to become a better programmer in other areas of development. So I think the time has come to do it again, this time in the study of XSLT.

The site in which I will be blogging this adventure is http://www.UnderstandingXSLT.com. The book I will be using is Jeni Tennisons title "Beginning XSLT" from A Press. I have a link on the site to the title on Amazon.com. I also have a request in to Jeni (through my last post) to let me know if there is any other link she would prefer me to link to on the site. If for some reason the link on the site takes you somewhere else besides Amazon.com, this will be why. :)

I'm looking forward to getting started! I plan to make my first (actually, second if you include the "Welcome" post that is currently on the site) posting on Friday morning after I've spent a good day prior with my family for Thanksgiving dinner. In the mean time if anybody has any comments, questions, concerns, ideas, or whatever please feel free to make a comment on the site. I have the comments section moderated as to keep the comment spammers from having access to this site so if it takes a little bit for your comment to show up, this is why. I don't plan to moderate the comments in any other way (unless they become offensive or way to far off topic) so please comment until you feel your questions have been answered or your viewpoint has been heard.

With that I will see anybody who wants to join along in this quest for a better understanding of XSLT at the site... again, its at http://www.UnderstandingXSLT.com.

Best regards and happy holidays (well, I guess outside the USA its a bit early for this... please disregard or accept it as an early Christmas wish instead :)

<M:D/>