[xsl] alternative to FO?

Subject: [xsl] alternative to FO?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:27:57 -0500
For those with experience with FO, the latest from TeX guru Hans Hagen may of interest.

http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-mag-9.htm

In this issue I will drop an idea that has been buzzing in my mind for a long time: how to comfortably deal with typesetting documents coded in XML, while using the manipulative power of XSLT on the one hand and the typesetting capabilities of CONTEXT at the other hand, without seeing TEX code.

Awhile back Hans started writing an FO processor for his ConTeXt macro system. As near as I can tell, he got frustrated with FO, and ended up with this instead (or perhaps in addition). Thoughts?

Bruce