Re: [xsl] alternative to FO?

Subject: Re: [xsl] alternative to FO?
From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:56:43 +0100
Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2004, at 4:25 PM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
>
>> It might be option for some users who don't want care about FO or TeX
>> and have not very demanding rendering requirements.
>

> "Not very demanding rendering requirements" in what sense?
>
> It's an innocent question; I don't know FO.  I do know that Hans is a
> demanding typographer, though, and ConTeXt is capable of quite
> impressive output.

ConTeXt is of course very capable. But Hans is proposing simple markup
language that is capable of font selection, paragraphs and tables. There
were no examples of images, multi column layout, spanned table, ...

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka@xxxxxxxx     http://www.kosek.cz
   Profesionalnm 9kolenm a poradenstvm v oblasti technologim XML.
      Podmvejte se na na9 novl spu9tln} web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobn} pxehled 9kolenm http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]