Re: [xsl] transform a string

Subject: Re: [xsl] transform a string
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:50:34 +0100
As been said in an other message just a few posts ago, translate is a character by character replacement. The third argument is empty, so all characters that occur in $baseDir are removed effectively.

Look at the following site for string replace solutions:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/replace.html

Grtz,
Geert

Jan Limpens wrote:

hello,

within a xsl template I need to transform a physical path like
file:///D:/usr/jan/My Documents/Visual Studio
Projects/Web/Data/XmlContent/Development/TaskSheet.xml
to /Development/Tasksheet.aspx

I tried
<xsl:param name="baseDir" select="'file:///D:/usr/jan/My
Documents/Visual Studio Projects/Web/Data/XmlContent/'"/>

	<xsl:template match="site:document">
		<site:document>
			<site:xml-file>
				<xsl:value-of select="site:xml-file"/>
			</site:xml-file>
			<site:link>
				<xsl:value-of select="translate(string(site:xml-file), $baseDir, '')"/>
			</site:link>
		</site:document>
	</xsl:template>

but keep getting strange, scrambled results...

thanks for the help

-- Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961