Re: [xsl] xsl not formatting xml correctly in mozilla or firefox

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl not formatting xml correctly in mozilla or firefox
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:57:22 -0600
Hi Andy,

> In mozilla and firefox (both the latest versions from Gentoo sources) I
> get ...
>
> ForenameSurnameage metal mickey 21 hey bukko 99 experts exchange 10

I'm a bit new to xsl too, but that's why I'm on this list.  From what
I could tell, firefox/mozilla doesn't assume html as an output method
but rather text.  Not positive about this though since I would think
that would cause the tags to appear as text also or give an error.  By
adding an xsl  output tag it seems to solve the problem.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
<xsl:output method="html"/>

On another note, I'm not sure why you're including the xmlns:fo
namespace here or having the xml file have a MIME type of 'text/xsl'.
I believe it should be 'text/xml'.

Hope this helps,

Jon Gorman